Off the Beaten Path: Takagamine & a Zen Monastery
Visit some lesser-known temples along the northern edge of central Kyoto that are known (among locals) as fantastic autumn leaf viewing spots. Wander down through a dense forest to a gorgeous garden. Walk along the stone-paved paths of a huge Zen temple monastery and visit two beautiful sub-temples hidden inside. Pay your respects at a historic shrine and enjoy a delicious Japanese sweet that has been served in the same location since 1002!
- ¥10,000 (includes 10% sales tax, services and expenses of a cultural specialist).
- Not included: Entrance fees ¥2,000, lunch, transportation to/from meeting points.
- 3-7 participants, ages 18 and older
- This tour runs rain or shine.
- Extensive walking over relatively flat ground with some gentle slopes
- Tour begins and ends at corner of Kuramaguchi-dori & Horikawa-dori.
- Led by Sandra Isaka
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org