Providing unique culturally immersive adventure tours tailored to your customers’ interests and needs
Our Mission is to Introduce the Authentic Side of Japan to the World
Over 65% of inbound tourists visit the same destinations in Japan, namely, Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. However, there are actually a total of 47 prefectures in Japan! This means many inbound tourists miss out on seeing the majority of Japan.
We believe the essence of travel is to gain a true understanding of the roots of a country. In order to achieve this, we recommend also exploring lesser known regions of Japan.
Japan’s Inbound Tourism Today
Tokyo, Mt Fuji, Kyoto, Hiroshima – the so-called ‘Golden Route’ and the typical tourist spots picked up by all major guidebooks – are now so overrun and overcrowded by tourists from the world-over that visitors lose the chance to fully appreciate these locations at their own pace.
Further, photogenic spots such as the thousand torii gates of Fushimi Inari Taisha in Kyoto, or the famous thatched houses of Shirakawa-go have become so crowded and commercialised that travellers can no longer feel the uniqueness of these areas.
As a result, tourists who are expecting a one of a kind experience can be left feeling misled and at a loss.
However, in fact, you can find the thatched houses similar to those of Shirakawa-go, old towns such as found along Nakasendo, pilgrimage routes such as Kumano Kodo and Shikoku Junrei, and thousands of torii gates like those of Fushimi Inari Taisha, all across Japan.
Despite the increased interest in ‘getting off the beaten track’, there are a number of challenges that tend to put travellers off venturing away from familiar travel routes.
1. There is very little information on these alternative spots in foreign languages
2. There is little public transport infrastructure in these rural locations
3. There are only a few places that provide adequate comforts that meet western standards
In other words, in the current state, even if tourists want to visit these places, they cannot.
At Heartland JAPAN, we aim to overcome these challenges.
1. We actively endeavour to introduce these alternative spots and rural locations
2. We provide tours to small groups or private parties using chartered transport. We make it possible to visit these regions without wasting time and ensuring comfortable and smooth transfers.
3. We ensure privacy and comfort at all accommodations and arrange a bilingual guide to ensure a high level of communication.
By partnering with us, you can offer your customers a chance to experience a side of Japan that is highly unique – an experience of a lifetime.
Please feel free to contact us: