Physical and Technical Level Day1: E-bike ★★★☆☆ Distance: 23km Elevation Gain: 337m Participants will ride e-bikes from Kobuchizawa Station down to the national…
- Trip Outline
Physical and Technical Level
Day1: E-bike ★★★☆☆ Distance: 23km Elevation Gain: 337m Participants will ride e-bikes from Kobuchizawa Station down to the national highway, then along Kyu Koshukaido road through rural scenery. There are some hills to ride up and down, but Participants can relax as they ride e-bikes and enjoy the mountain scenery.Participants will ride e-bikes from Kobuchizawa Station down to the national highway, then along Kyu Koshukaido road through rural scenery. There are some hills to ride up and down, but Participants can relax as they ride e-bikes and enjoy the mountain scenery.
Day2: E-bike ★★☆☆☆ Distance: 7km、Elevation gain：202m
There are just a few hills to ride up and down, on a pleasant route riding through rural scenery toward the mountains. Trekking ★★★★☆ Distance: 6.5km、Elevation gain：849m
There are many hills to walk up and down, and also there are dangerous spots with ladders and chains. Sufficient physical fitness is required to participate in this tour.
Day3: E-bike ★★☆☆☆ Distance: Distance：8.4km、Elevation gain：119m
After stopping at a great viewing spot (Suisha-no-sato Koen Park), Participants will relaxedly ride along the gentle Kyu Koshu Kaido route. Overview of the tour
The tour focuses on the waters of Mt. Kaikomagatake, where mountain worship is still practised, and participants get to interact with the locals. Feel the power of water as you trek along the Ojiragawa Gorge through which the water flows from Mt. Kaikomagatake. Participants ride eco-friendly e-bikes around rice paddies nurtured by the water and savour local traditions as you visit a sake brewery and a Japanese sweets shop.
Day 1: Ride an e-bike, through rural scenery on the Kyu Koshu Kaido Road where travelers once went to and fro and Mt. Fuji is visible, and visit Yokote Komagatake Shrine which enshrines a deity of mountains.
Prepare for hiking the next day by purifying mind and body with the prayer of the chief priest, who even now continues to conduct the worship act of mountain climbing by traversing an old path of Mount Kaikomagatake which was opened in 1816.
Day2: Trek along the "Ojiragawa" Gorge, which is believed to be a manifestation of the whitetail of the legendary "black horse" which is said to live on Mt. Kaikomagatake. After enjoying seeing waterfalls of various sizes and the flow of emerald-colored pristine water, enjoy a rice-ball bento lunchbox featuring locally produced food, using the rice grown with the water of Mt. Kaikomagatake.
Day3: In the old post town of Daigahara-juku, enjoy the traditions formed around the water of Mt. Kaikomagatake, and Japanese sweets which have continued to be locally produced and enjoyed for 120-years, and traditional food prepared using koji rice malt which is essential for sake making.
Number of participants in the tour:
Minimum: 2 / Maximum: 5
From April to early November
What is included:
►Rental fees for e-bikes
►Accommodation fees (2 nights)
►Breakfast（2 days）・Lunch（3 days）・Dinner（2 days）
►Transportation fees from the beginning to the end of the tour
What is NOT included:
►Insurance（Please arrange travel insurance in your own country.）
►Other items not listed in "What is included in this program"
（Bank fees will be at the customer's expense.）
Day1: Great experience! Mr. Imahashi, the head priest of Yokote Komagatake Shrine, taught us various things, and he being so kind, it was great. I'd love to visit again!
Day2: The Ojiragawa Gorge trekking was the highlight of the Hakushu tour! The guide was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. He was able to perceive well what customers wanted.
Day3: It was interesting to hear the story of Mt. Kaikomagatake and how the locals revived the tiger dance. The lunch featuring koji rice malt gave was really satisfying, and the Japanese sweets were also delicious.
- While cycling, participants will stop to enjoy a picnic lunch of take-out sandwiches, prepared by a store using locally grown food.
- Participants ride e-bikes along the Kyu Koshu Kaido path, where remains the vivid local lifestyles, and the rural scenery which is fresh green in summer, and gold in fall.
- Participants will have Mr. Imahashi, the chief priest who worships the mountain by climbing it, pray for them to purify their body and mind.
- Enjoy dinner served on skillets with home-grown vegetables and Mukawa-mai rice, otherwise referred to as "phantom rice".
- Participants will begin trekking after visiting the Kaikomagatake Shrine which is another sub shrine of Mt. Kaikomagatake, just like the Yokote Komagatake Shrine.
- Participants can swim in the beautiful emerald-green river if they wish. ※The guide will assess whether or not to swim, taking the water temperature and the participant's state of health into consideration.
- Enjoy coffee made using spring water and a rice ball bento lunchbox prepared by local farmers, in front of the waterfalls, while exposing yourself to negative ions.
- Harvest vegetables as ingredients for your own dinner from Agrieable Mukawa's private farm!
- Enjoy dinner featuring locally produced ingredients and vegetables harvested by you.
【Option】Visiting a hot spring is possible, of which its water source is from Mt. Kaikomagatake. (830 yen/person)
- If sunny, the tour will stop at a viewing spot where the majestic Mt. Kaikomagatake can be viewed.
- Visits a long-established sake brewery founded in 1750, and taste the underground water of Mt. Kaikomgatake and local sake brewed using locally grown rice!
- At the restaurant operated by the sake brewery, enjoy a Japanese-style lunch featuring koji, mould made from rice during sake making, which is believed to have an anti-ageing effect, along with "Kaikoma", *Junmai Daiginjo sake.
※For guests who don't drink sake, amazake, a sweet drink made from fermented rice or coffee prepared using the water used for sake brewing are available.
*Junmai Daiginjo is a premium type of sake made with over 50% polished rice and with no distilled alcohol added.
- Guests can enjoy Japanese sweets produced using the underground water of Mt. Kaikomagatake and locally grown rice, produced by a shop established in 1902.
※Mizu Shingenmochi is available from June to September (available only on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays).
|11:52||Kobuchizawa Station Meet with the guide.|
|12:00-12:15||Pick up e-bikes, briefing, test ride e-bikes, departure ※Deposit luggage to Akabou Courier (Luggage will be transported from the station and delivered to the guest's accommodation.)|
|12:15-12:30||Sandwich takeout from Bistro Bugaboo|
|12:30-14:30||Cycling（Kobuchizawa Sta→Shinshu Tsutaki-juku Road Station ※Lunch at Shinshu Tsutaki-juku Road Station →Yokote Komagatake Shrine) 18km|
|14:30-16:00||Prayers（Yokote Komagatake Shrine）|
|16:05-16:35||Cycling（Yokote Komagatake Shrine→Agrieable Mukawa）4.9km|
Dinner served on skillets and dishes featuring vegetables freshly harvested from their own garden
|6:45-7:00||Briefing at Agrieable Mukawa|
|7:00-7:45||Cycling（Hotel → Ojiragawa Gorge Carpark）7.5km
※Along the way, pick up bento lunchboxes from Pitara Farm.
|7:45-7:8:00||Explanation of the course at Ojiragawa Gorge Carpark|
|8:00-14:30||Hiking (Carpark → Kaikomagatake Shrine → Fudo Falls → Carpark) *Destinations may change depending on the customer's fitness level|
|14:35-15:05||Cycling（Ojiragawa Gorge Carpark - Agrieable Mukawa）|
|15:10||Stay 2 nights at Agrieable Mukawa|
|Evening||Harvest experience at Agrieable Mukawa's own farm|
|18:30||Dinner featuring freshly harvested vegetables|
|8:30-8:45||Briefing before departing Agrieable Mukawa
※Guests deposit luggage at the accommodation.
|8:50-9:50||Cycling (Agrieable Mukawa → Suisha-no-koya Koen Park → Daigahara-juku) 8.3km|
|10:00-11:00||Visit to the sake brewery (Yamanashi Meijo)※Anzaisho tour from 10:30|
|11:05-12:05||Strolling around Daigahara-juku and visiting a Japanese sweets shop (Kinseiken).|
|12:10-13:30||Lunch (at Daimin restaurant) and free time for strolling|
|13:30-14:00||Transfer by taxi (Daigahara-juku → Kobuchizawa Station)※Pick up luggage from the accommodation.|
|14:29-16:24||JR Chuo Main Line (Kobuchizawa Sta → Shinjuku Sta)|