Eastern Kyoto: Ginkakuji to the Heian Jingu
Visit Kyoto’s famous Ginkakuji, nicknamed the ‘Silver Pavilion’, and sample local treats along its traditional shopping street. Wander the cherry-tree lined Philosopher’s Path and stop along the way at a special hidden temple. Explore the stunning grounds of Eikando, before a stroll through Japan’s wealthiest neighborhood to reach Okazaki and the famous Heian Shrine – with its impressive hidden garden. Stop for a tasty lunch along the way.
- ¥10,000 (includes 10% sales tax, services and expenses of a cultural specialist).
- Not included: Entrance fees ¥1,700, lunch, transportation to/from meeting points.
- 3-7 participants, ages 18 and older
- This tour runs rain or shine.
- Extensive walking over relatively flat ground.
- Tour begins at Ginkakuji and ends at the Heian Shrine
- Led by Sandra Isaka
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org