Price: ¥ 17,300 above
- A unique program designed and guided by Yoshi, a legend in the Japanese outdoor community.
- More than just paddling a kayak, this tour to many spots is an adventure!
- Cook your lunch, made from local ingredients, outdoors on the island.
Who is Yoshi?
Full name: Yoshiwara Yoshikatsu. Born in 1948. As an elementary school student, Yoshi fell in love with the outdoors and started to enjoy activities such as searching for sansei (edible wild plants), canoeing, kayaking, hiking, and skiing. At the age of 25 he moved to Lake Nojiri, and at 26 became a professional skier. In the 1970s, he opened Japan’s first outdoor school. After that he opened a guesthouse where he continues to offer various outdoor activities. His interests, including onsen, delicious food and alcohol, and driving, take him all over Japan and the world.
Visitors to Lake Nojiri, located in the Myoko-Togakushi Renzan National Park, are rewarded with beautiful views of Mt. Kurohime, Mt. Myoko, Mt. Madarao, and almost fifty large and small capes and coves around its circumference. This area is the site where the fossilised remains of “Naumann’s elephants” were discovered – an archaeological dig that uncovered the hunting grounds of local inhabitants from 40,000 years ago. Since ancient times, the lake has been the source of the “blessing of water” to animals and farmers of the area. On this “blessing of water” kayaking tour of Nojiri, you will be guided by an experienced legend in the Japanese outdoor community – Yoshi – who has lived in the area for about 50 years. This action-packed tour includes a visit to an island with a shrine dedicated to water worshipping, and the inlets and outlets of the local irrigation canals dating back to the 1600s.
- You will spend a long time in the kayak, so a certain level of physical fitness is required.
- Yoshi is an experienced instructor who will help you with all the equipment and techniques, so even beginners can enjoy this activity.
The beautiful lake and surrounding mountain scenery make this a great location. The shrine on the island and the waterways are wonderful, while Yoshi’s experience will make you feel comfortable the whole time.
Included in the fee
- Guide fee (English language)
- Rental fees (wear, kayak, paddles, P.F.D, spray skirt)
- Warm shower
Not included in the fee
- Transportation to/from the meeting point
- Insurance (please purchase travel insurance in your own country)
- Anything else not specified (The bank transaction fee shall be covered by the customer.)
About 6.5 hours
Age / Height:
10 yrs and above
(7-9 yrs requires written permission or accompaniment by a parent)
Guesthouse LAMP Nojiriko
（10 minutes by taxi from Kurohima Station on the Shinano Railway Kita Shinano Line）
Guesthouse LAMP Nojiriko
5 – 15 people
30 days in advance
Price Per Person
Clothing/Wha to bring
- Cold protection
- Soft drink (more than1 liter)
- Change of clothes
- Sun protection
|Meet at Guesthouse LAMP Nojiriko
|Kayaking Part 1: Visit waterways our ancestors built!
Denkuro Water Intake~Mito-guchi Water Gate
|Kayaking Part 2:Cross Lake Nojiri! Land on an island!
Benten-jima Island~Sunama-ga-saki Cape
|Lunch: Cook with local ingredients
|Kayaking Part 3: The return
Sunama-ga-saki Cape~Guesthouse LAMP
|Finish at Guesthouse LAMP Nojiriko
■ Cancelation by the participant
- 5 to 7 days prior 20%
- 2 to 4 days prior 30%
- A day before 50%
- Same day/No show 100%
■ Cancelation based on provider’s decisions
- The content of the tour may change based on the weather or customer’s condition. In the extreme case the weather or other conditions create an unsafe environment, the tour may be stopped or cancelled.
- There are times when the guide may determine the the tour be canceled or stopped in the case that it would be unsafe for the customer, such as sudden bad weather or feeling sick during the tour. If the tour is cancelled before departure, a 100% refund will be provided.
- Partial refunds will not be given in the case the participant joins late or leaves early.
- There are times when activities are filmed by Guesthouse LAMP. These videos and photographs may be used on their website, in pamphlets, documents, or other media to introduce the activities. By participating, you acknowledge and accept the use of the above. If you do not wish to be filmed, please let us know in advance. LAMP will NOT share any of the above-mentioned to any third parties.
- You may use the Finnish sauna, accommodation and café restaurant of Guesthouse LAMP (addition fees required). Please inquire.
Interested in our tour?
No second thoughts, contact us.
We have been having many requests from agents overseas, mentioning that they are trying to expand their destinations in/to Japan or they have already but need help creating the itineraries for their clients to keep up with the demand.
Heartland Japan has increased the number of staff to accommodate these requests. If you are hand-full and need some advice, we are here to help.
For more information about this experience program, We will coordinate with local suppliers on dates, prices, and details of the program. We will coordinate with local suppliers on dates, prices, and details of the program and provide the program to you.
Please contact us for more information. We look forward to providing you with a unique and immersive experience in the region!
For this experience program, please inquire with our company each time. We will coordinate with local suppliers to arrange the schedule, fees, and detailed content for you. Please start by contacting us.
Look forward to a unique, immersive local experience!