April ~ October
Price: ¥ 22,000 above
- While riding an e-bike, enjoy the beautiful mountainous scenery of Japan and the laid-back lifestyle of the locals. There are also historical Buddhist stone monuments that can be seen.
- Enjoy two short treks: one into Yokokawa Gorge, and the other to “Zero Point”, where the lines of latitude and longitude are integers at their point of intersection.
- Lunch is a soup set, full of local ingredients, served fresh from a kitchen car.
- Breaks for coffee, tea and local snacks.
A wonderful experience, discovering the northern part of the Ina Valley, located between two alpine regions. It is said that the name “Tatsuno” comes from the dragon (tatsu) that lived in a lake of the area. Since long ago, Tatsuno has been the intersecting point of several roadways. The surrounding areas are blessed with rich resources of water from the Yokokawa River, and tranquil mountain scenery where locals historically foraged for firewood, wood turners and geta (traditional wooden shoes) craftsmen lived, and farmers plowed their rice paddies. In this program, you can enjoy an abundance of nature beneath beautiful mountain scenery, and see the lifestyles of local residents. Along the way, you will also get off your bike and do two short treks: one to the beautiful, 50m-high, three-level Sankyu no Taki Waterfall, through a virgin forest in the Yokokawa Gorge, and to the nationally renowned “Snake Rock”, and the other to a spot known as “Zero Point”. The program is lead by a Tatsuno local, Ryohei Oguchi, a round-the-world cyclist.
- The route includes a long ride on e-bikes with climbs and descents, including about an hour of off-road riding. There are also two short-treks, which will take about 90 minutes and 60 minutes respectively. Participants will need a good level of fitness and endurance
- Some cycling experience is necessary. The trek features some challenging terrain and steep sections, so please watch your step – some trail experience is also necessary.
Clothing/What to Bring
- Clothing and shoes you can move in
- Rain gear (full set recommended)
- Soft drink (about 1 liter)
- Snack (optional)
Each stop was wonderful – well-chosen places that the guide had a deep interest in. The trek to the waterfall was particularly beautiful.
Price Per Person
26,000JPY/person for 4ppl
25,000JPY/person for 5ppl
24,000JPY/person for 6ppl
23,000/person for 7ppl
22,000JPY/person for 8~10ppl
Included in the fee
- Guide fee
- Translator fee
- Hot coffee/tea with local snacks
Not included in the fee
- Transportation to/from the meeting point.
- e-bike rental (rental fee 5,000JPY/per person).
- Insurance (please purchase travel insurance in your own country).
- Anything else not specified.
(The bank transaction fee shall be covered by the customer.)
About 9.5 hours
Distance / Elevation
Elevation Climb: 998m
Age / Height:
18 yrs and above
GRAV BICYCLE STATION
(7min walk from JR Tatsuno Station on JR Iida Line)
GRAV BICYCLE STATION
(7 minutes’ walk to JR Tatsuno Station on JR Iida Line)
April ~ October
4 – 10 people
14 days in advance
|Meet at GRAV BICYCLE STATION (Tatsuno Town)
|Briefing, start riding
|Ride to Jyaishi Camping Site (via a large thatched guest house)
|Arrive at Jyaishi Camping Site
|Ride (Yahiko Shrine ~ Ono-juku)
|Trek (Yokokawa Gorge )
|Return to Jyaishi Camping Site
|Ride (Kawashima Area ~ Tatsuno Area)
|Trek to Zero Point
|Ride (Zero Point ~ Mt. Ohjyo)
|Panorama view of Ina Valley! Even enjoy sunset if weather permits!
Peak of Mt. Ohjyo
|Ride (Mt. Ohjyo ~ GRAV BICYCLE STATION)
|Finish at GRAV BICYCLE STATION (Tatsuno Town)
■ Cancelation by the participant
- 8 to 20 days prior 20%
- 2 to 7 days prior 30%
- Day before 40%
- Same day/No show 100%
■ Cancelation based on provider’s decisions
- In the case of stormy or freezing weather, departure cancelation will be determined the day before and contact will be made ONLY IF the tour is canceled. In the case that the activity is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances, no cancellation fee is required.
- In the case of light rain, the tour will go ahead with waterproof gear.
- After the tour begins, depending on the weather, we may have to change the route or cancel the tour. In this case, no refund will be given.
- If the tour cannot continue after it has started due to bad weather, no refunds will be given.
- If you need your luggage transferred from Narai-juku, please consult (shipping fees will apply)
Interested in our tour?
No second thoughts, contact us.
We have been having many requests from agents overseas, mentioning that they are trying to expand their destinations in/to Japan or they have already but need help creating the itineraries for their clients to keep up with the demand.
Heartland Japan has increased the number of staff to accommodate these requests. If you are hand-full and need some advice, we are here to help.
For more information about this experience program, We will coordinate with local suppliers on dates, prices, and details of the program. We will coordinate with local suppliers on dates, prices, and details of the program and provide the program to you.
Please contact us for more information. We look forward to providing you with a unique and immersive experience in the region!
For this experience program, please inquire with our company each time. We will coordinate with local suppliers to arrange the schedule, fees, and detailed content for you. Please start by contacting us.
Look forward to a unique, immersive local experience!