Mid-April ~ Late-November
Price: ¥ 19,800 above
- The trail is limited to only one group per day, so it will be all yours to enjoy.
- The up and down first half is ideal for participants wanting to dive deeper into mountain nature.
- The second half is a first-class, downhill trail with a series of wild, natural berms created by nature over many years. Some mountain bikers come specifically for this top-class downhill section of the trail
This trail historically used by local residents to access the mountain was repurposed by TRAIL CUTTER, a trail-building group that focuses on creating trails in a sustainable way with as little impact on nature as possible, to become the 3rd Area Course, one of Japan’s best mountain bike trails. At just over 10 km in length, the first half is an up and down section with hills to climb from 30-100m. The second half is a first-class, downhill trail with a series of wild, natural berms created by nature over many years. This up and down course, surrounded by untrained beauty, is a unique and exhilarating experience.
- The course is just over 10km in length, and the uphill first half requires taking your bicycle from 30m to 100m in altitude. This activity is challenging and requires high physical fitness.
- Please refrain from locking the brakes and skidding, as this will eat away at the trail. Be aware of how you are riding and try to leave as little impact on the trail as possible. By using mainly your front brake, you can control your speed without fully locking your wheels.
Clothing/What to Bring
- Soft drink (1~1.5 liters)
- First-aid kit
- Bike repair kit
- Emergency food
- Rain gear
- Cold weather gear
- Clothing appropriate for mountain biking
Not only the trail, but the guide and customer support were awesome! With uphill as well as downhill sections, this is a great day out for mountain bikers looking for climbing trails.
Price Per Person
39,800JPY/person for 2ppl
29,800JPY/person for 3ppl
24,800JPY/person for 4ppl
21,800/person for 5ppl
19,800JPY/person for 6~10ppl
Included in the fee
- Guide fee
- Translator fee
- Trail fee
Not included in the fee
- Transportation to/from the meeting point
- MTB rental (rental fee starts at 3,300JPY)
- Insurance (please purchase travel insurance in your own country)
- Anything else not specified (The bank transaction fee shall be covered by the customer.)
About 6.5 hours
Age / Height:
10 yrs and above
(Across from South Alps Village Hase Michi no Eki (Roadside Station). 25mins by car from JR Shimojima Station on JR Iida Line.)
Mid-April ~ Late-November
2 – 10 people (please inquire)
14 days in advance
|Meet at TRAIL CUTTER
|Finish at TRAIL CUTTER
■ Cancelation by the participant
- 2 to 5 days prior 30%
- Day before 50%
- Same day/No show 100%
■ Cancelation based on provider’s decisions
- Activity may be canceled for the safety of the participants if the trail conditions are bad or there is stormy weather. In this case, contact will be made by 8pm the night before. There is a chance the activity will be canceled on the day, such as when the weather reports were wrong. In the case that the activity is canceled before starting, no cancellation fee is required.
- If the tour starts and then is determined to be unsafe and canceled, no refund will be given.
- You can purchase a bento lunch at the roadside station located near TRAIL CUTTER (8:00~17:30, closed Tuesdays).
Interested in our tour?
No second thoughts, contact us.
We have been having many requests from agents overseas, mentioning that they are trying to expand their destinations in/to Japan or they have already but need help creating the itineraries for their clients to keep up with the demand.
Heartland Japan has increased the number of staff to accommodate these requests. If you are hand-full and need some advice, we are here to help.
For more information about this experience program, We will coordinate with local suppliers on dates, prices, and details of the program. We will coordinate with local suppliers on dates, prices, and details of the program and provide the program to you.
Please contact us for more information. We look forward to providing you with a unique and immersive experience in the region!
For this experience program, please inquire with our company each time. We will coordinate with local suppliers to arrange the schedule, fees, and detailed content for you. Please start by contacting us.
Look forward to a unique, immersive local experience!