Price: ¥ 12,500 above
- Recommended for those looking to go a step further than Togakushi.
- Enjoy the vast nature of a national park, the local culture of worship, and tales of the area’s ancestors.
- Perfect for those who prefer to a lengthy hike to mountain climbing.
A one-day hike from Togakushi to Sasagamine in Myoko with a local, professional mountain guide, while enjoying the natural beauty of the Myoko-Togakushi Renzan National Park. The ancient path between Togakushi and Myoko has long been traveled by those wishing to worship at Zenkoji Temple, Togakushi, and Mt. Myoko, and was thus known as a road of faith. At the same time, it was used as a road for transporting seafood from the Sea of Japan, as well for people who wished to visit therapeutic hot springs. The local water sources and forests provided the essentials for the local inhabitants. While walking the trail, see relics of water worship, remains of old sawmills, and more. Visitors can enjoy the guide’s explanations of nature as well as tales of local beliefs and lifestyles!
- There aren’t any steap climbs or decents, but the trail is long, so a certain physical fitness is requires.
- There aren’t any steep climbs/decents or rock walls, but the trail is long, so it best for people used to walking long distances.
The guide was wonderful and provided a hike full of history, culture, and nature. The trail was also full of variety and sights of great natural beauty.
Price Per Person
Clothing/Wha to bring
- Appropriate mountain climbing clothing and shoes
- Rain gear set
- Soft drink (1-2 liters)
- Lunch and trail snacks
- Cold weather attire (depending on the season)
- Sunglasses, etc.
Included in the fee
- Guide fee (English language)
Not included in the fee
- Transportation to/from the meeting point
- Insurance (please purchase travel insurance in your own country)
- Anything else not specified (The bank transaction fee shall be covered by the customer.)
About 10 hours
Distance / Elevation
Elevation Climb: 899m
Age / Height:
Ohashi Trail Head
（40 minutes’ walk from Togakushi Okusha Entrance）
（On Echigo Yokimeki Line and Shinano Rail Way North Shinano Line）
2 – 10 people
30 days in advance
|Meet at Ohashi Trail Head
|Briefing and prep
|West Trail Entrance
|Jizo Katsura Tree
|Sawmill and trolley remains ~ Otomi Lake
|Board bus at Otomi Lake Bus Stop
|Finish at Myoko-kogen Station
■ Cancelation by the participant
- 2 days prior 30%
- A day before 50%
- Same day/No show 100%
■ Cancelation based on provider’s decisions
- There is a chance the route may change due to the weather.
- There are times when the guide may determine that the tour be cancelled or stopped in the case that it would be unsafe for the customer, such as sudden bad weather or feeling sick during the tour. If the tour is canceled before departure, a 100% refund will be provided.
Interested in our tour?
No second thoughts, contact us.
We have been having many requests from agents overseas, mentioning that they are trying to expand their destinations in/to Japan or they have already but need help creating the itineraries for their clients to keep up with the demand.
Heartland Japan has increased the number of staff to accommodate these requests. If you are hand-full and need some advice, we are here to help.
For more information about this experience program, We will coordinate with local suppliers on dates, prices, and details of the program. We will coordinate with local suppliers on dates, prices, and details of the program and provide the program to you.
Please contact us for more information. We look forward to providing you with a unique and immersive experience in the region!
For this experience program, please inquire with our company each time. We will coordinate with local suppliers to arrange the schedule, fees, and detailed content for you. Please start by contacting us.
Look forward to a unique, immersive local experience!