Price: ¥ 4,200 above
- Enjoy the knowledgeable explanations of a friendly local guide.
- Enter the main shrine building, which is normally closed to the public, and view the treasures and relics of the mountain of worship.
- Stamp of Sekiyama Shrine seal (go-shu-in).
- Symbolic experience in Hozo-in garden of climbing a tribute to Mt. Myoko (including a climbing certificate!)
Mt. Myoko has long been considered a sacred mountain where spirits live, as well as a place of worship and for “Shugendo” religious training. Visitors to the tour will be guided on a visit to the Sekiyama Shrine, a shrine for Mt. Myoko that is accessible to the residents of its neighbourhoods, to retrace the footsteps of Shugendo pilgrims. In the heyday of the Sekiyama Shrine, it had a complete 7-structure compound, with about 70 lodges for pilgrims. However, in the late 16th century, it was burned down by Nobunaga Oda, a samurai warrior. Later, during the Edo Period, the shogunate redesignated the shrine as a centre of authority for the surrounding area, and it became the organising body of rituals and public projects, with responsibility for the maintenance of public order. Also during this era, there was annually one day designated when worshippers were permitted to climb Mt. Myoko. Legend says that up to 1,200 people could make the ascent from the Hozo-in (managed by Sekiyama Shrine) to the summit of the mountain to raise their village banners and blow a conch shell. Visitors today can see the historical Buddhist stone statues and other stone monuments of the Shinto shrine while admiring the “shakkei” of the Hozo-in garden (designated a site of natural scenic beauty) which incorporates the view of Mt. Myoko as part of its scenery.
- Please watch your step!
The explanations given by our friendly and knowledgeable guide gave us a real flavor of Japan’s past, and a sense of the historical context and value of this spiritual site.
Price Per Person
Clothing/Wha to bring
- Rain gear
Included in the fee
- Guide fee
- Translator fee
- Shrine stamp and climbing certificate
Not included in the fee
- Transportation to/from the meeting point
- Insurance (please purchase travel insurance in your own country) Anything else not specified (The bank transaction fee shall be covered by the customer.)
About 1.5 hours
Age / Height:
（15 minutes’ walk from Sekiyama Station）
5 – 20 people
30 days in advance
|Customer’s desired time after 9:30
|Meet at Sekiyama Shrine
|Shrine and garden tour (90 mins)
|Finish at Sekiyama Shrine
■ Cancelation by the participant
- 5 to 7 days prior 20%
- 2 to 4 days prior 30%
- Day before 50%
- Same day/No show 100%
■ Cancelation based on provider’s decisions
- If stormy weather is forecasted, the activity may be canceled. In this case, contact will be made by the evening of the day before and there will be no cancelation fees.
- If the weather becomes bad after the activity starts and it is determined that the activity cannot continue, the activity will be changed or canceled. In this case, no refund will be given.
Interested in our tour?
No second thoughts, contact us.
We have been having many requests from agents overseas, mentioning that they are trying to expand their destinations in/to Japan or they have already but need help creating the itineraries for their clients to keep up with the demand.
Heartland Japan has increased the number of staff to accommodate these requests. If you are hand-full and need some advice, we are here to help.
For more information about this experience program, We will coordinate with local suppliers on dates, prices, and details of the program. We will coordinate with local suppliers on dates, prices, and details of the program and provide the program to you.
Please contact us for more information. We look forward to providing you with a unique and immersive experience in the region!
For this experience program, please inquire with our company each time. We will coordinate with local suppliers to arrange the schedule, fees, and detailed content for you. Please start by contacting us.
Look forward to a unique, immersive local experience!