Price: ¥ 800 above
- This wonderful facility, which has appeared many times on Japanese TV, has endured over 100 years of great snowfalls. See the staff dining hall that was used by kurabito (brewery workers) many years ago, and the old tools still used in the sake creation process.
- Free tasting of 2 recommended sakes from Kimi-no-i Shuzo.
- Take home the bull’s eye ochoko sake cup as a souvenir.
Kimi-no-i Shuzo sake brewery has over many years been the recipient of multiple gold awards at various national sake competitions. Established in 1842, it is located in the Arai-juku on the Hokkoku Kaido Highway – a historically very important road where rice, salt, seafood, and Sado gold were transported in the Edo Period. The heavy snowfall in the area creates natural refrigerating conditions, while the ancient, sacred Mt. Myoko provides clean underground water – making Arai an ideal location for brewing sake. Please enjoy this visit to the Kimi-no-i Shuzo factory and appreciate the taste of sake blessed by nature.
Delicious sake! It is great that a local sake company is still using traditional techniques. The guide’s explanations of the building, staff lifestyle, area history, and more, were great!
Price Per Person
Included in the fee
- Guide fee (Japanese Language)
- Sake tasting
- Bull’s eye ochoko sake cup souvenir
Not included in the fee
- Transportation to/from the meeting point
- Insurance (please purchase travel insurance in your own country)
- This program does not include a translation service. A translator will be arranged, and an extra fee will apply.
- Anything else not specified
(The bank transaction fee shall be covered by the customer.)
About 1 hours
Age / Height:
No restriction (sake tasting is only for 20 yrs and above)
（9 minutes’ walk from Arai Station on Myoko Haneuma Line）
2 – 15 people
30 days in advance
|Customer’s desired time
|Meet at Kimi-no-i Shuzo
|Factory tour (about 35mins)
|Tasting and shopping (about 25mins)
|Finish at Kimi-no-i Shuzo
■ Cancelation by the participant
- 5 to 7 days prior 20%
- 2 to 4 days prior 30%
- Day before 50%
- Same day/No show 100%
■ Cancelation based on provider’s decisions
- If strong winds or bad weather are forecasted, the activity may be canceled. In this case, contact will be made by the evening of the day before and there will be no cancelation fees.
- Tour not available on weekends, holidays, or scheduled closed days.
- Tasting is limited to those who will not drive after the activity.
Interested in our tour?
No second thoughts, contact us.
We have been having many requests from agents overseas, mentioning that they are trying to expand their destinations in/to Japan or they have already but need help creating the itineraries for their clients to keep up with the demand.
Heartland Japan has increased the number of staff to accommodate these requests. If you are hand-full and need some advice, we are here to help.
For more information about this experience program, We will coordinate with local suppliers on dates, prices, and details of the program. We will coordinate with local suppliers on dates, prices, and details of the program and provide the program to you.
Please contact us for more information. We look forward to providing you with a unique and immersive experience in the region!
For this experience program, please inquire with our company each time. We will coordinate with local suppliers to arrange the schedule, fees, and detailed content for you. Please start by contacting us.
Look forward to a unique, immersive local experience!