Price: ¥ 11,300 above
- Buy rice balls for lunch and eat them with miso soup, and local seasonings at the Kanzuri factory.
- Miso, spices, and sake! A variety of traditional Japanese foods enjoyed in one visit.
- Great opportunity to meet local residents and experience lifestyles unique to this area.
- Free tasting of 2 recommended sakes from Kimi-no-i Shuzo.
- Take home the bull’s eye ochoko sake cup as a souvenir.
On this unique tour of the streets of Arai in Myoko, you can meet locals, and experience the traditional cuisine of the area. Included are: a visit to a rice ball shop owned and operated by a Japan rice meister, a hands-on activity in a miso shop, a factory tour and tasting of kanzuri (Myoko’s traditional spicy seasoning), and a sake brewery visit and tasting at Kimi-no-i Shuzo.
- The length of the tour course is about 4.4km in total – about 60 minutes of walking on a flat, paved road.
- N/A. Please don’t slip!
A wonderful tour that introduces the people and traditional food of Myoko. The balance between walking outside and indoor activities is just right.
Price Per Person
Clothing/Wha to bring
- Rain gear
- Soft drink (optional)
- Appropriate clothing (no manicures)
Included in the fee
- Guide fee
- Translator fee
- Activity fees
- Tasting activities
Not included in the fee
- Transportation to/from the meeting point.
- Lunch (rice balls)
- Insurance (please purchase travel insurance in your own country).
- Anything else not specified.
(The bank transaction fee shall be covered by the customer.)
About 6 hours
Age / Height:
18 yrs and above (sake tasting is only for 20 yrs and above)
Arai Station on Myoko Haneuma Line
Arai Station on Myoko Haneuma Line
4 – 8 people
30 days in advance
|Meet the guide at Arai Station
|Walk – Asahi Shopping Arcade area
|Shopping – Daikokuyahanten (rice balls)
|Factory tour and hands-on activity with koji at Ota Jozo
|Visit Kishida Liquor Shop
|Factory tour and rice ball lunch at Kanzuri
|Brewery visit and tasting at Kimi-no-i Shuzo
|Finish at Arai Station
■ Cancelation by the participant
- 5 to 7 days prior 20%
- 2 to 4 days prior 30%
- Day before 50%
- Same day/No show 100%
■ Cancelation based on provider’s decisions
- If stormy weather is forecasted, the activity may be canceled. In this case, contact will be made by the evening of the day before and there will be no cancelation fees.
- If the weather becomes bad after the activity starts and it is determined that the activity cannot continue, the activity will be changed or canceled. In this case, no refund will be given.
- Program on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only. Please consult us if you wish to visit on a different day.
- Arai morning market stalls (established over 300 years ago) on the following dates: 6th, 10th, 16th, 20th, 26th, 30th.
- Kanzuri is a spicy seasoning. Please be careful if you are sensitive to spicy food.
- Sake tasting is limited to those who will not drive after the activity.
Interested in our tour?
No second thoughts, contact us.
We have been having many requests from agents overseas, mentioning that they are trying to expand their destinations in/to Japan or they have already but need help creating the itineraries for their clients to keep up with the demand.
Heartland Japan has increased the number of staff to accommodate these requests. If you are hand-full and need some advice, we are here to help.
For more information about this experience program, We will coordinate with local suppliers on dates, prices, and details of the program. We will coordinate with local suppliers on dates, prices, and details of the program and provide the program to you.
Please contact us for more information. We look forward to providing you with a unique and immersive experience in the region!
For this experience program, please inquire with our company each time. We will coordinate with local suppliers to arrange the schedule, fees, and detailed content for you. Please start by contacting us.
Look forward to a unique, immersive local experience!